Buyers & Borrowers
Middletown Valley Title & Escrow understands that buying a new Home is probably the biggest investment that you make for yourself and your family. Title Insurance is not familiar to most people. It is a onetime payment that will offer you and/or your family and heir’s protection and peace of mind against issues that may arise from a defective title.
It could potentially save you thousands of dollars.
Title to your home is your legal right to ownership of the property.
There are two types of policies that will be provided at the time of your settlement. Our Frederick County Title Company can handle all of your title and real estate settlement needs.
A Lenders Policy: It is mandatory and a lenders requirement that you purchase a lenders policy to insure the loan for the protection of the lender from undetected title defects.
An Owner’s Policy: An owners policy is not mandatory to purchase but highly recommended. It covers you and your heirs against undetected title defects.
Middletown Valley Title & Escrow Underwrites with Old Republic Title Insurance Company that has been in business since 1907.
An Owner’s Title Policy protects you from undetected defects that include:
- Deeds executed under false or expired powers of attorney, Deeds from minors or non-existent entities, Forged deeds, releases, etc., Deeds delivered after death of grantor or grantee, or without consent of grantor, also, Deeds from incompetent persons.
- Mistaken interpretation of wills and trusts and/or discovery of later will after probate of first will Incorrect representation of marital status
- Undisclosed heirs
- Mistakes in recording legal documents, or incorrect legal descriptions
- Federal, state inheritance and gift tax liens
- Errors in tax records
- Federal condemnation without notice filing
- Capacity of foreign fiduciaries and or duress in execution of foreign fiduciaries and duress in execution of documents
- Easements or rights of way not discovered by a survey
Middletown Valley Title & Escrow serves all of Maryland. Give us a call at 301-371-0248 for more information or contact us here.